Au Pair Germany
Become an Au Pair in diverse and picturesque Germany. Germany has vibrant cities with amazing architecture, fabulous shopping and a pulsating night life. Germany has magical medieval villages and hugely entertaining festivals. From the mountains of Bavaria to the historical Rhine Valley (dotted with more castles than any other river in the world) – Germany is an incredibly diverse country. Also known as the Das Land der Dichter und Denker (the land of poets and thinkers), Germany is a cultural and artistic paradise.
As an Au Pair in Germany you will become part of a loving German Host Family where you will be treated as part of the family. You will work up to 40 hours per week and earn 350 Euro per month on top of your room and board. Our German partners can also assist you with language study options and best of all your Host Family covers the cost of your return flights to Germany (for a 12 month term only). So if you love children and want to explore one of the most enchanting countries in the world – apply to become an Au Pair in Germany today!
What will you get?
- Return flights to Frankfurt, Berlin or Munich included (booked via our German partner agency)
- Monthly stipend or wage of 350 Euros per month
- Full room and board including all meals
- Free local transportation pass
- 2 days of paid vacation per month
- 1 day off per week minimum
- Full travel insurance package is included (organised by our partner).
What does it cost?
- $1,499.00 NZD one off payment
- Price includes return flights to Frankfurt, Berlin or Munich, all agency and programme fees, full travel insurance and local transport pass
- No hidden costs!
- Be between 18 – 30 years old
- German language level (basic knowledge is required for Au Pair Visa)
- Be a native English speaker
- Have a minimum of 2 childcare references
- Be a secondary school graduate or equivalent
- Be able to commit to at least 12 months.
Germany has a specific Au Pair Visa – you must be 18-24 years old to apply. Otherwise the German Working Holiday Visa is advised – must be18-30 years old. To apply, you need to come personally to the German Embassy in Wellington
List of required documents:
- A New Zealand passport, which must be valid for at least three more months after the expiry date of the visa
- A completed and signed application form with one biometric passport photo
- Evidence of sufficient funds, to cover your living expenses in Germany during the first 3 months of your stay e.g. a monthly minimum of 250.00 Euros
- Evidence of health Insurance including details about coverage
Visa application fee: $110.00 NZD
Visit the German Embassy’s website to find out more information: www.wellington.diplo.de