Au Pair USA
Become an Au Pair in the awe inspiring USA. Get return flights to the USA, full insurance and placement in an American Host Family for only $1,199.00 NZD – the cheapest and best way to work and travel in America! The United States of America is one country you can’t afford to miss. The people are kind and generous, the country is massive and varied and there is no other country on the face of the earth that has influenced popular culture quite like America. As an Au Pair in the USA you’ll get to experience the culture first hand – living with and working for an American Host Family. You will make life-long friends, develop a lasting bond with your Host Family and create some unforgettable memories.
You will earn a good wage caring for children as well as receive free room and board – allowing you to save money and explore the country on your days off. You will also be able to take classes at a local American college or university – and your Host Family will even pay you up to $500 USD extra as a contribution toward your study! As an Au Pair in America you could be living in New York, California, Colorado or even Texas! So apply online today to begin your adventure as an Au Pair in America!
What will you get?
- Return flights to New-York are included (ex. Auckland)
- Weekly stipend or wage of $195.75 USD
- Full room and board including all meals
- Accident & sickness insurance (organised by our USA partner)
- Assistance in applying for J-1 Visa
- Free education courses (up to $500 USD)
- A 5 day orientation programme in New York City
- You will also receive two weeks of paid vacation and can spend up to 30 days traveling in the USA after successfully completing the programme
What does it cost?
- $1,199.00 NZD one off payment
- Price includes return flights to New York (ex. Auckland), all agency and programme fees, full accident and sickness insurance and 5 day orientation course upon arrival
- No hidden costs!
- Be between 18 – 26 years old
- Commit to at least 12 months as an Au Pair – you will forfeit your return flight if you do not complete your full term as an Au Pair in the USA
- Have a full driver’s license
- Have experience working with children
- Work up to 45 hours per week or 5 1/2 days per week
- Au Pair must complete 6 credits of college level classes (as part of the J-1 visa requirement for the USA).
- Needed: J-1 Visa (sponsored by our USA partner agency)
- Our American partner is designated by the US Government to sponsor a variety of J-1 Visa Exchange Visitor Programmes
- Once you are matched with a Host Family we send you your sponsorship papers and visa application forms
- Your 12 month J-1 Visa can be extended for 6, 9 or 12 months after 9 months in the USA
- The US Consulate requires all applicants for J-1 Visas to be interviewed in Auckland. You must pay for your travel to Auckland to be interviewed for a J-1 Visa
- You must pay the J-1 Visa fee directly to the US Consulate. Please visit the US Embassy website to see the most current J-1 Visa fee.
Require further information?
For more information please contact us.
Our partner Au Pair agency in the U.S. is InterExchange Au Pair USA. InterExchange Au Pair USA is a New York based non-profit organization with over 40 years of cultural exchange experience. The Au Pair USA Program is one of the largest and most respected Au Pair programs in the world. InterExchange is dedicated to making the Au Pair program an amazing experience for every Au Pair.