Au Pair Link was the first Au Pair agency in New Zealand to become licensed by the Ministry of Education as an Early Childhood Education provider. Because of this status, Au Pair Link is reviewed and evaluated by the Education Review Office (ERO) to ensure that our service is providing good outcomes and is being managed in the best interests of children.
The Education Review Office (ERO) is the government department that evaluates and reports on the education and care of students in schools and early childhood services. ERO’s reports are used by parents, teachers, early childhood education managers, school principals and trustees, and by Government policy makers. It is important for parents to be able to make informed decisions when choosing a childcare provider - ERO reports are an independent and transparent way for parents to be able to judge the quality of a childcare service.
What the ERO says about Au Pair Link...
Company managers have established a range of high quality, comprehensive systems and procedures to guide all aspects of service operations. These include:
- systems for effective communication between the education manager, programme manager, au pairs and families;
- careful selection, placement and induction of au pairs;
- clearly documented personnel management policies and procedures; and
- well-developed self-review and quality assurance practices.
Key strengths of Au Pair Link's service include:
- comprehensive, well documented, high quality management systems and procedures to guide all aspects of service operations, including health and safety;
- positive, affirming relationships and effective communication between the programme manager, au pairs, children and their families; and
- strong support by the programme manager in assisting au pairs to provide a balanced,stimulating learning programme for children.
"The service promotes a balanced, stimulating learning programme for children. Au Pairs are supported and encouraged to provide a variety of learning experiences in areas such as literacy, numeracy, creative and messy play. The programme is enriched by outings, excursions and use of community facilities. A feature of the programme is the opportunities for children to gain an awareness of other cultures through their relationships with Au Pairs."
ERO reports and more information
For more information or to download a full ERO Report please visit www.ero.govt.nz and search "Au Pair Link".