Au Pair 123
Our most popular programme for families with at
least one child under 5.
Invest in a richer experience for your kids with an Au Pair 123.
Watch your little ones' interests spring to life as their learning
journey begins under the loving eye of their au pair. Working with
the Te Whāriki curriculum, our au pairs with the support of our
qualified teachers empower children to express themselves and
discover the world around them through inspiring learning
experiences. Our team of ECE qualified teachers, known as our
Programme Managers, organise local weekly playgroups, outings and
events as a way for children to socialise and explore together. Au
pairs also weave a sense of family and culture into the learning
experience by writing learning stories for each child under five,
as a way to reflect on progress and share aspirations for the
- Full recruitment and full pre-screening of your au pair
- Organisation of your au pair's flights, visa and insurance
- Receive 30 - 45 hours childcare per week for up to $230
- 6-12 month placement term
- Access to our local weekly playgroups, educational activities
- Events and social gatherings organised for your au pair
- Around-the-clock support from our Programme Managers (ECE
- Personalised educational resources for your child's current
- 20 Hours ECE and WINZ subsidies available
- 3 month placement guarantee - if you need to re-match with
another au pair
Our Au Pair 123 candidates
- Between the ages of 18-30
- Minimum 200 hours childcare experience (on average our au pairs
have 1300 hours)
- Attend a 3 day orientation including Child First Aid course and
- Fully screened - including police, medical and childcare
reference checks, a personal interview and English test.
Want the top pick for your tots?
We're matching families and au pairs now, so make sure you get
the pick of the bunch!
Get started now >
What does it cost?
- Family placement fee = $599.00 (including GST)
- Au pair net wage per week between $190-$230 (excluding PAYE
- Completion bonus paid upon successful completion of placement
term ($20 net per week) prorated, e.g. $1040 net for a 12 month
We do our best to make the application and matching process as
simple and stress-free as possible. After all, that's what having
an au pair is all about! Still, because we want to make sure
you have the best experience with us, there are a few things we
need from you as part of the application process:
- A complete online application
- A quick chat with one of our lovely Placement Managers
- A quick meeting with one of our team in your home (including a
health & safety check)
- Child enrolment forms - each child under the age of five must
be enrolled in our early childhood education programme for a
minimum of 30 hours per week, including a whole day or two half
days where your au pair is caring for your child. Please
note, if you have more than one child under the age of five, there
may be some flexibility here!
- Police check forms for all adults in the home (we will process
these for you).