Au Pair Assist
Short-term placements for families with at least
one child under five years of age.
Need quality, short-term childcare in a hurry? Our Au Pair
Assist programme is designed for families looking to fill an au
pair position quickly and save you from pulling your hair out
trying to find last-minute childcare options. Au Pair Assist
candidates are often already in New Zealand, giving you the
opportunity to meet them in person and talk about how they can fit
into your family life. With support from your Programme Manager
(all qualified ECE teachers), an Au Pair Assist is there to make
sure your little treasure's personality and interests flourish as
they discover their world on our early learning programme.
- Full recruitment including a personal interview
- Receive 25-45 hours childcare per week for up to $230
- 3-4 month placement term
- Join our local weekly playgroups, educational activities and
- Around-the-clock support from our Family & Programme
Managers (ECE teachers)
- Personalised educational resources to support your
child's current interests
- 20 Hours ECE and WINZ subsidies available
- 1 month placement guarantee - if you need to re-match with
another au pair
Our Au Pair Assist candidates
- Between the ages of 18-30
- Minimum 200 hours childcare experience
- St John Child First Aid certificate
- Personally screened by our local team including police check,
interview and references where possible
Compare our programmes!
Not sure this is the right programme for you? Compare our
programmes at a glance, click here.
What does it cost?
- Family placement fee = normally $499.00 (including GST)
- Au pair net wage per week between $180-$230 (excluding PAYE
- Completion bonus paid upon successful completion of placement
term ($20 net per week) prorated, e.g. $240 net for a 3 month
We do our best to make the application and matching process as
simple and stress-free as possible. After all, that's what
having an au pair is all about! Still, because we want to
make sure you have the best experience with us, there are a few
things we need from you as part of the application process:
- A complete online application
- A quick chat with one of our lovely Placement Managers
- A quick meeting with one of our team in your home (including a
health & safety check)
- Child enrolment forms - each child under the age of five must
be enrolled in our early childhood education programme for a
minimum of 25 hours per week, including a whole day or two half
days where your au pair is caring for your child. Please
note, if you have more than one child under the age of five, there
may be some flexibility here!
- Police check forms for all adults in the home (we will process
these for you).