Become an au pair in the awe inspiring USA. Get return flights to the USA, full insurance and placement in an American host family for less than $2000NZD – the cheapest and best way to work and travel in America! The United States of America is one country you can’t afford to miss. The people are kind and generous, the country is massive and varied and there is no other country on the face of the earth that has influenced popular culture quite like America. As an au pair in the USA, you’ll get to experience the culture first hand – living with and working for an American host family. You will make life-long friends, develop a lasting bond with your host family and create some unforgettable memories.
You will earn a good wage caring for children as well as receive free room and board – allowing you to save money and explore the country on your days off. Part of your programme requires you to take classes at a local American college or university – what a great way to make new friends! AND your host family will even pay you up to $500 USD extra as a contribution toward your study. As an au pair in America you could be living in New York, California, Colorado or even Texas! So apply online today to begin your adventure as an au pair in America!
- Return flights to New-York are included Ex. Auckland/Christchurch (organised by our USA partner agency)
- Accident & sickness insurance (organised by our USA partner)
- Assistance in applying for J-1 Visa
- Full room and board
- Weekly stipend or wage of $195.75 USD
- Free education courses (up to $500 USD)
- Orientation programme in New York City
- There is a non-refundable $79 admin fee at application
- Once you’ve finished your application and profile, there will be a $399 fee to enter our matching pool
- When you’ve been matched with your host family, you will be required to pay a $1500 placement fee for this American OE placement
Flights are included in this cost but you will need to pay for your J1 Visa.
If you have any questions about the process, please do not hesitate to contact our team at email@example.com. Check out our other OE programmes and see whether they’re right for you!
- Be between 18 – 26 years old
- Commit to at least 12 months as an au pair – you will forfeit your return flight if you do not complete your full term as an au pair in the USA
- Have a full driver’s licence
- Have experience working with children
- Be a high school graduate
- Au pair must complete 6 credits of college level classes (as part of the J-1 visa)