Become an au pair in relaxed and sunny Australia. Australia is the most popular destination for young Kiwis to visit – with nearly 200,000 young New Zealanders travelling to Australia every year. Australia is a country with endless variety and beauty – from the golden sands and clear waters of the Great Barrier Reef to the wild expanse of the Australian outback. Modern Australia is also chic and sophisticated with some of the world’s finest cuisine and eateries.
As an au pair in Australia you can live and work in Sydney, Melbourne, Brisbane, Perth and Adelaide! Work 25 to 35 hours per week and receive up to $340 AUD in wages every week including full room and board. As an au pair in Australia you are only a short plane trip away from your family and friends in New Zealand – who can come to visit you during your stay. Getting to Australia is affordable and easy with no visa requirements for New Zealand citizens. You’ll enjoy working and living in Australia so much that you just might decide to stay!
- Full room and board
- Weekly stipend or wage between $170 – $340 AUD
- $500 completion bonus on a successful 6 month placement
- Regularly scheduled meet & greets for au pairs in Sydney, Melbourne, Brisbane, Perth and Adelaide
- Lots of organised trips, sightseeing and social events in collaboration with our travel partner
- Access to discounted return flight to Sydney, Melbourne or Brisbane included Ex. Auckland/Christchurch (booked via Au Pair Link)
- There is a non-refundable $79 admin fee at application
- Once you’ve finished your application and profile, there will be a $99 fee to enter our matching pool
- When you’ve been matched with your host family, you will be required to pay a $199 placement fee for this Australian OE placement
Other costs to consider are flights to Australia, insurance and a working with children check.
If you have any questions about the process, please do not hesitate to contact our team at firstname.lastname@example.org. Check out our other OE programmes and see whether they’re right for you!
- Be between 18 – 30 years old
- Willing to commit to placement term of 6 as an au pair
- Have experience working with children
- Have a full driver’s licence (strongly preferred but not essential)