Become an au pair in the second biggest country in the world, Canada! You’ll be living with a Canadian family, have the chance to dive into the Canadian culture and spend time together with your host family.
Canada is a country of expansive beauty – beautiful lakes and a captivating wildlife combine to give the country an air of alluring adventure. Here you can experience exciting outdoor activities such as hiking, skiing or snowboarding in the Canadian Rockies, or relax with the excellent shopping in the country’s largest shopping mall in Alberta. Visit Stanley Park in Vancouver or immerse yourself in the unique French-Canadian culture on the streets of Montreal. Of course, there will also be opportunity to travel and experience all of this during your time as an au pair in Canada – there is much to see and enjoy!
You will earn a weekly wage (including free room and board) – allowing you to save money and explore the majestic countryside on your days off. If you like the sound of skiing in the Canadian Rockies, visiting some of the best shopping districts in the world and immersing yourself in a warm and friendly culture – become an au pair in Canada!
- Full board and a private room with your host family
- Weekly pay between $180 – $350 CAD depending on the province and hours worked
- Regularly scheduled social and cultural activities with other au pairs
- Ongoing support from our Partner Agency for the duration of the placement, including a 24/7 emergency phone number
- 2 weeks of paid holiday every 12 months
- Completion bonus of $600 CAD if you stay for 10-12 months
- Two-day orientation in Toronto (hostel is paid for by host family)
- There is a non-refundable $79 admin fee at application
- Once you’ve finished your application and profile, there will be a $199 fee to enter our matching pool
- When you’ve been matched with your host family, you will be required to pay a $299 placement fee for this Canadian OE placement
Flights are not included in this cost and you will need to also pay for your visa, travel and health insurance.
If you have any questions about the process, please do not hesitate to contact our team at firstname.lastname@example.org. Check out our other OE programmes and see whether they’re right for you!
- Be between 18 – 30 years old
- Commit to 10 – 12 months as an au pair in Canada
- Have a full driver’s licence (preferred but not essential)
- Have a minimum of 200 hours of childcare experience
- Be a high school graduate