Become an au pair in exotic and exciting China. China is a dynamic, fast-paced country where change is constant – yet China is also rich in history and steeped in traditions. Visit the engineering marvel that is the Great Wall, the ancient Forbidden City in Beijing, the Terracotta Warriors of Xi’An or stroll along The Bund and visit the amazing Oriental Pearl Tower in Shanghai. Our China OE programme offers the chance to live in one of China’s many vibrant cities with a welcoming host family to teach their children English.
Au Pair Link is the only au pair agency in New Zealand that offers young Kiwis the unique opportunity to live and work in China as an au pair. You will receive free room and board with a Chinese family as well as a monthly stipend (wage). Free Mandarin classes – 5 hours per week – are also part of this programme to help you learn the local language and culture! On top of that, there are completion and performance-based bonuses! Being an au pair in China is a once in a lifetime opportunity to truly understand the Chinese way of life and gain a valuable insight into the world’s fastest-growing economy. Traditionally in China au pairs take on the role of a live-in English tutor for the children, rather than typical childcare duties, so an interest in teaching English as a foreign language is essential.
- Full room and board
- Monthly stipend or wage of 1500 RMB
- Two day orientation with accomodation and meals with city trip and/or one cultural activity
- Free 60 hours of Mandarin classes for 3-month programme, 120 hours for a 6-month programme
- Free Chinese Cultural Classes (1-2 per month)
- Ongoing support from a local coordinator
- Completion bonus of 1,000 RMB on 6 month placement
- Return flights and travel insurance (booked via partner agency)
- A free 60 hour TESOL (Teaching English as a Second Language) course!
- There is a non-refundable $79 admin fee at application
- Once you’ve finished your application and profile, there will be a $399 fee to enter our matching pool
- When you’ve been matched with your host family, you will be required to pay a $1500 placement fee for this China OE placement
Flights and travel insurance are included in this cost but you will need to pay for your visa application.
If you have any questions about the process, please do not hesitate to contact our team at email@example.com. Check out our other OE programmes and see whether they’re right for you!
- Be between 18 – 26 years old
- Willing to commit to placement term of 3, 6 or 9 or 12 months as an au pair
- Have a full driver’s licence
- Have experience working with children
- Be a high school graduate or above
- Be interested in Chinese culture and life