Become an au pair in diverse and picturesque Germany. Germany has vibrant cities with amazing architecture, fabulous shopping and a pulsating night life. Germany has magical medieval villages and hugely entertaining festivals. From the mountains of Bavaria to the historical Rhine Valley (dotted with more castles than any other river in the world) – Germany is an incredibly diverse country. Also known as the Das Land der Dichter und Denker (the land of poets and thinkers), Germany is a cultural and artistic paradise.
As an au pair in Germany you will become part of a loving German host family where you will be treated as part of the family. You will work up to 40 hours per week and earn 350 Euro per month on top of your room and board. Our German partners can also assist you with language study options and, best of all, your host family covers the cost of your return flights to Germany (for a 12 month term only)! So if you love children and want to explore one of the most enchanting countries in the world – apply to become an au pair today!
- Return flights to Frankfurt, Berlin or Munich included Ex. Auckland/Christchurch (booked via our German partner agency)
- Full room and board
- Monthly stipend or wage of 350€per month
- Free local transportation pass
- 2 days of paid vacation per month
- 1 day off per week minimum
- Full insurance package for your time in Germany is included (organised by our German partner agency, note this does not cover your flights)
- There is a non-refundable $79 admin fee at application
- Once you’ve finished your application and profile, there will be a $199 fee to enter our matching pool
- When you’ve been matched with your host family, you will be required to pay a $299 placement fee for this German OE placement
Extra costs to consider are return flights (if your placement is less than 12 months) and travel insurance.
If you have any questions about the process, please do not hesitate to contact our team at email@example.com. Check out our other OE programmes and see whether they’re right for you!
- Be between 18 – 26 years old
- German language level (basic knowledge is required for Au Pair Visa)
- Be a secondary school graduate or equivalent
- Have a driver’s licence (preferred but not essential)