The Application Process2018-03-21T10:52:24+00:00

How do I apply?

Applying to become an au pair overseas is easy. Before you apply below, you must first meet the following minimum requirements:

  • Are between the age of 18 and 30 years
  • Have a clean police record
  • Have a valid driver’s licence (especially preferable for the United States and Australia)
  • Have a minimum of 200 hours in documented childcare experience
  • Are willing to commit to the au pair programme (minimum term varies per country)

Once you’re set, click on the button below and fill in your details. One of our friendly team members will be in touch to get a better idea of what you’re looking for and where you want to go!

If you have any questions before you make your application, email or call the team on 0800 AU PAIR (287 247).


Our Au Pair OE programmes are set at an affordable and competitive price for young adults looking for an overseas experience which is safe and supported along the way. Our costs vary between country and programme, so to get a better idea of what you’d be spending, please click on each country to find out more.

Your application will involve a $79 non-refundable admin fee and then depending on the country and programme you choose, there is a separate matching and placement fee. Our programmes start from a total cost of $400 to a maximum of $2000.

Depending on the Au Pair OE programme and country that you choose, either Au Pair Link or our relevant partner agency can assist with booking your flights, organising your insurance and help you apply for your visa.

Au Pair Link can take care of everything required to get you to your destination so you can begin your year as an au pair. Through our partnership with STA Travel, we can assist you to arrange your flights – making the whole process simple and easy for you. To book your flight with Au Pair Link, simply email

If insurance is not included as part of the Au Pair OE programme and package (i.e. paid for by the host family or the country specific partner agency) then medical/travel/personal liability insurance will be the individual responsibility of the au pair. Au Pair Link recommends Cover-More and can book this for you. Please contact if you would like more information about this option.