Flights, Visa & Insurance
We’re able to help you take care of everything you need to become an au pair in New Zealand. We can take care of booking your flights and insurance for you, or you can book these using your preferred provider. Please talk to us for more information and specific costs.
We work exclusively with STA Travel. STA Travel is a global travel specialist with over 30 years’ experience helping students, teachers and young people travel the world. STA Travel has an extensive global presence with hundreds of retail locations worldwide, sending over 6 million travellers away each year. See www.statravel.co.nz.
So what are the benefits when you book your flight to New Zealand with Au Pair Link and STA Travel?
- Peace of mind – we make sure that you are booked on the correct flights and that you arrive in New Zealand in time for our orientation programme.
- Get the right advice – we make sure that you have the right level of insurance and help you with your visa application.
- We make it easy – by finding you the best flight and travel route to New Zealand.
- Share the experience – we book your flights so that you can travel with other au pairs coming to New Zealand with Au Pair Link. It’s safer and much more fun!
You’ll also need to apply for your working holiday visa – required to enter and work in New Zealand. We’ll provide you with the best advice and ensure your eligibility for the New Zealand working holiday visa scheme. Please note, if you are applying for a working holiday visa, you’ll need to complete this process yourself. Payment of $208.00 NZD is made directly to the New Zealand Department of Immigration. For more information, visit the New Zealand Department of Immigration website.
We provide full travel insurance through Cover-More – one of New Zealand’s most trusted insurers since 1986. Travel insurance is a necessity for any unforeseen medical expenses, accidents or lost/stolen property etc during your year as an au pair in New Zealand. Our Au Pairs are covered under the Cover-More Options Policy with a standard excess of only $100 per claim.
Our programme fees are based off departure from the key international airports listed below. Because air travel prices do change, we’d encourage you to contact us to make sure you are receiving the most accurate information regarding programme fees.
Our key international departure ports are:
- Europe – London, Paris, Amsterdam, Stockholm, Gothenburg, Copenhagen, Oslo and Frankfurt
- North America – Vancouver, Toronto, New York, Washington DC, Boston, Chicago, Miami, Dallas, Houston, San Francisco, Seattle, Fort Lauderdale (ex LAX) – domestic one way flight to LAX included.
- South America – Sao Paulo
- Asia – Bangkok, Beijing, Shanghai and Hong Kong
- Australia – Sydney, Melbourne and Brisbane.
If the airport you want to depart from is not listed above – don’t worry, just contact us and we’ll help you out with your travel arrangements.