AU PAIR WHIZ
Share your talent with the world on our Au Pair Whiz programme! Designed for experienced or qualified candidates, Au Pair Whiz provides you with the unique opportunity to master your skills in early childhood care and education. Working with New Zealand’s early learning curriculum, Te Whāriki, you’ll care for at least one child under five, helping them to develop their strengths and interests.
You’ll enjoy one-on-one support from a fully qualified early childhood education teacher, gain access to weekly playgroups, educational outings, childcare workshops and learning resources. Au Pair Whiz is the first and only au pair programme in New Zealand that rewards and recognises your childcare qualifications or experience – providing you with a springboard to a great childcare career!
- Free room and board with your New Zealand host family
- Work 30-45 hours per week for up to $330 NZD
- A completion bonus of up to $1,040 NZD ($20 per week)
- Placement guarantee – up to 5 days paid accommodation if you need to re-match with another host family
- Round-trip flights to New Zealand and full travel and medical insurance if you opt for us to book these as part of your programme fee
- Receive full support from a qualified early childhood education teacher
- Extend your knowledge and skills on our world-leading educational curriculum
- Enjoy our 3 day orientation course when you arrive in New Zealand
- Gain an internationally-recognised Child First Aid certificate
- Exclusive travel discounts throughout New Zealand and the Pacific
We have flexible pricing options to help make becoming an au pair in New Zealand as easy as possible for you. You can choose to have us book your flights and insurance for you, or book them with your preferred provider.
As all our au pairs come from different corners of the world, the cost to join our programme differs. The programme fee will be dependent on your departure port as well as whether you’d like to use our services to help you book your insurance and flights. For specific costs, please contact our team.
If you’re already in New Zealand, there is no programme fee! Speak to our team today.
You can apply for our Au Pair Whiz programme if you:
- Are aged between 18-30 years
- Have a valid driver’s licence
- Speak English to a good standard
- Meet New Zealand visa requirements
- Have a clean police record
- Have 1 year’s full time childcare experience with children under the age of 5 or the equivalent of a formal Early Childhood Education degree/diploma and a minimum of 6 months practical childcare experience with children under the age of 5
- Want to spend 7-12 months living with a family in New Zealand