Au Pair 123 Programme
Au Pair Link’s core programme is called Au Pair 123. The Au Pair 123 programme is a quality Early Childhood Education programme specifically designed for Host Families who have a least 1 child under 5 years of age. The Au Pair 123 programme is licenced by the New Zealand Ministry of Education – the first such Au Pair programme in the world! On the Au Pair 123 programme you will have access to weekly child playgroups, monthly Au Pair and child outings, monthly support meetings with a qualified Early Childhood Education teacher as well as educational resources (books, toys etc), and a fun learning curriculum for your children and Au Pair. An Au Pair 123 will work up to 45 hours per week maximum, usually in a sole charge position, for up to $220 net pay per week (excluding PAYE tax). The Placement Term is for a maximum of 12 months and a minimum of 6 months.
Host Families with at least 1 child under 5 years of age can access our Early Childhood Education curriculum as well as receive full support and assistance through Au Pair Link’s qualified Early Childhood Education (ECE) teachers. Our Early Childhood Education service is only available in specific geographic areas licensed by the Ministry of Education – please contact us or refer to the Our Locations page on our website for coverage areas. Children who are 3, 4 and 5 years old are eligible for the ‘20 Hours ECE’ government subsidy when enrolled in our Au Pair 123 programme.
Please download a copy of our Au Pair 123 programme benefits - this document outlines information on the services we provide as part of the Au Pair 123 programme and the relevant benefits for you and your children. Au Pairs in the 123 programme must meet the following minimum requirements:
- Be between the ages of 18 and 30
- Have at least 200 hours of practical childcare experience (not including immediate family members). Au Pairs who care for children under the age of two must have a minimum of 200 hours of documented and practical experience with children under age five. NB: on average our Au Pairs have over 1300 hours of childcare experience
- Speak English to an acceptable standard
- Successfully pass our screening process including references, English test, personality test, medical and police records checked
- Successfully complete our orientation course in New Zealand including CPR training from St John and childcare lessons.
- Family Enrolment Fee = $575.00
- Maximum 12 month Placement Term, minimum 6 month Placement Term
- 30, 35, 40 or 45 hours per week of work
- $180 NZD to $220 NZD net weekly wage (excluding PAYE tax)
- Minimum 200 hours of documented childcare experience is required
- Completion Bonus paid upon successful completion of full Placement Term to Au Pair. $20 net per week prorated e.g. $1040 net for 12 month Placement Term (excluding PAYE tax)
- Full access to our Early Childhood Education curriculum and support by our qualified Early Childhood Education teachers including access to free playgroups and monthly activities as well as educational resources (for Host Families with at least 1 child under 5 years of age in a licensed region)
- Personal family interview by one of our local representatives to assess your requirements
- Screening process - an examination of the Au Pair including an English test, personality test and reference checks. Medical and police records are also attained. Every Au Pair is interviewed personally by our International Au Pair Association approved and trusted partners
- Orientation programme - 3 day training course including childcare training, tailored child first aid and CPR course conducted by St John and professional driving lessons.
- 20 Hours ECE and WINZ government subsidies are available (including OSCAR)
- Re-match services free of charge for up to 3 months (guaranteeing Au Pair placement). Includes providing the Au Pair with free accommodation whilst in re-match for up to 5 days (conditions apply)
- Organisation of your Au Pair’s flights to New Zealand, their visa and insurance
- Access to our payroll service Au Pair PayLink - to help you pay PAYE tax etc
- Also includes programme benefits such as monthly newsletters, a welcome pack (packed with handy hints for when your Au Pair arrives) and professional contracts.
For further information on Au Pair wages please go to the Au Pair Wages and Hours page on our website. For detailed pricing and information concerning our Enrolment Fees please see our Programme Fees. For further information on our enrolment process please see the Enrolment Process page on our website.