Our Orientation & Training Programme
Once your au pair arrives, we whisk them away on a three-day orientation and training programme in Auckland. During the course, your Au Pair has a chance to acclimatise after a long-haul flight, meet other au pairs and receive valuable childcare training (including Child First Aid) before joining your family.
- 2 night’s hotel accommodation in Auckland including all meals for your au pair
- Child First Aid course – conducted by St John, includes CPR and choking management as well as information on how to manage burns, poisoning, asthma, bleeding and Meningacoccal disease
- Childcare lessons – conducted by a qualified Early Childhood Education teacher (includes an introduction to Te Whāriki, guiding social behaviour, children’s food and nutrition and more!)
- Driving lessons – theoretical driving lessons conducted by a professional driving instructor. You can find local driving instructors who can give practical lessons here
- Bank account & mobile phone set up- all au pairs are given the opportunity to sign up for a Westpac bank account and receive a SIM card so they have a New Zealand phone number
- We also provide your au pair with information regarding their au pair contract, programme requirements, as well other information regarding their responsibilities as an employee of your family
Having completed our Orientation course, you can feel confident knowing your children are safe with your Au Pair. Please note, while your au pair is responsible for their transport to Auckland from their international departure port, it is your responsibility to organise and pay for your au pair’s domestic travel to reach your home in New Zealand (usually after orientation).
Our Orientation courses occur throughout the year, running sessions weekly throughout our high au pair arrival months (January – February, July – August), and fortnightly during our lower arrival months (March – June, September – December).