AU PAIR ASSIST
Need quality, short-term childcare in a hurry? Our Au Pair Assist programme is designed for families looking to fill an au pair position quickly and save you from pulling your hair out trying to find last-minute childcare options.
Au Pair Assist candidates are often already in New Zealand, giving you the opportunity to meet them in person and talk about how they can fit into your family life. With support from your Programme Manager (all qualified ECE teachers), an Au Pair Assist is there to make sure your little treasure’s personality and interests flourish as they discover their world on our early learning programme.
- Full recruitment including a personal interview
- Receive 25 – 45 hours childcare per week for up to $230 net
- 3-4 month placement term
- Access to our local weekly playgroups, educational activities and events
- Events and social gatherings organised for your au pair
- Around-the-clock support from our Programme Managers (ECE teachers)
- Personalised educational resources for your child’s current interests
- 20 Hours ECE and WINZ subsidies available
- 1 month placement guarantee – if you need to re-match with another au pair
- Between the ages of 18-30
- Minimum 200 hours childcare experience (on average our au pairs have 1300 hours)
- St John Child First Aid certificate
- Personally screened by our local team including police check, interview and references where possible
- Family placement fee = $499.00 (including GST)
- Au pair wage per week between $260 – $370 (including PAYE tax)
- Completion bonus paid upon successful completion of placement term ($20 net per week) prorated, e.g. $240 net for a 3 month placement term.
- A complete online application
- A quick chat with one of our lovely Placement Managers
- A quick meeting with one of our team in your home (including a health & safety check)
- Police check forms for all adults in the home (we will process these for you).
- Child enrolment forms – each child under the age of five must be enrolled in our early childhood education programme for a minimum of 30 hours per week, including a whole day or two half days where your au pair is caring for your child. Please note, if you have more than one child under the age of five, there may be some flexibility here!